I may be Nigerian but I love good food 😀. So today, I am going to share my recipe delicious lamb curry recipe using light coconut milk. I developed this recipe whilst on slimming world because I love Indian food but the takeaways can be very high in fat, so I had to find a way to make my own “healthier” version 😀.
If you area anything like me, I know trying to lose weight and eat Delicious food sometimes don’t go hand in hand but I am here to tell you that it can well, for some foods anyway because lets’ be real, there are some foods that just need to be left in their oily & and fatty glory 😀.
If you have any other healthier ways you make your curries, please do feel free to share in the comments below or of you have used this recipe and ant to share, please do so also in the comment box below.
In the meantime, I hope you guys enjoy this recipe.
Delicious lamb curry recipe ingredients
- Fry Light Oil spray (or any oil of your choice however be mindful not to use too much oil, it starts to defeat the purpose of this dish being a healthier version)
- 250g lamb fillet, cut into cubes (try to make sure the eat is lean and there is no or little fat visible)
- 1 small red onion, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed/chopped
- 2/4 green chillies, finely chopped (depending on your level of spice)
- 1 tsp Lamb seasoning
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1½ tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp chilli powder (depending on your level of spice, I like it hot)
- 3 large tomatoes, roughly chopped –
- 300ml light coconut milk –
- 1 Knorr chicken stock
- Steamed basmati rice (or any choice of rice) to serve
1. Heat a saucepan and add you lamb, lamb seasoning and salt. Cook over medium heat for 7-8 minutes, or until the lamb is golden-brown all over, then remove and set aside.
2. Remove the lamb from the pot and set aside in a separate bowl.
3. Reduce the heat of the saucepan to low heat and in the same saucepan, add the onions, garlic, chillies and ginger and fry for 4-5 minutes.
4. Now add the turmeric, garam masala, and chilli powder and fry for one minute on low heat. Make sure to stir well so all the ingredients mix well.
5. Turn up the heat to medium and add the tomatoes and coconut milk making sure to stir thoroughly. Stir well, scraping the bottom of the pan to deglaze and release any residue at the bottom of the pan.
6. Now add the lamb back into the saucepan and stir well.
7. Its now time to add the chicken stock but DO NOT STIR it in, just open and drop it into the middle of the pot so that it just melts in with all the other ingredients.
8. Now cover and cook on a medium/high heat for about 20 / 30 mins, or until the lamb is tender and cooked through. Make sure to check in on it and to stir it occasionally.
9. Almost done, now check to make sure you are happy with the taste (as u may want to add some more salt) and serve with steamed basmati rice (or the rice of your choice).
That’s it, now all you have to do is sit back, relax and enjoy this delicious heart warming meal.
Don’t forget to share your meal ideas or feedback if you tired this recipe down below in the comments.
Also if you want to check out my YouTube video to see exactly on how I cooked this at home, CLICK HERE and whilst you are there, don’t forget to subscribe to my channel.
I hope this post was helpful and if you want more information, please contact me and don’t forget to subscribe to my blog for all the latest posts, information, freebies and much more sent straight to your inbox.